Demonstrating Biointegrative Mechanism of Action VIA ALIGNED COLLAGENOUS MICROFIBERS
The TAPESTRY Biointegrative Implant is the first collagen-based implant with a bioengineered micro-architecture and bio-stimulative, highly organized type I collagen chemistry specifically designed for tendon repair. TAPESTRY’s proprietary physio-chemistry demonstrated dense collagenous tissue in-growth. TAPESTRY is highly anatomically conforming and designed for easy placement on, and between, the tendon and surrounding tissue while its structural integrity improves handling and suturing, offering unparalleled clinical utility.
Watch the video below to learn more.
Harnessing Native Biology
Biostimulative effects of collagen combined with tendon-like architecture to support collagenous tissue ingrowth.
TAPESTRY implant is completely absorbed during the remodeling process.
New dense tissue integrates with implant and native tendon as early as 4 weeks.
A Bioengineered Tendon Analog
TAPESTRY demonstrates dense collagenous connective tissue ingrowth at the the site of implantation.
- Bioengineered architecture and chemistry to promote soft tissue healing
- Optimal balance of Collagen/ PDLLA for strength, structure, and controlled degradation
- High porosity to encourage cell and fluid infiltration while maintaining mechanical stability
- Absorbs more than 10 times its weight in isotonic fluids
- Remodeling period consistent with normal tendon healing