Vice President of Sales“I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
July 16, 2020
Now Hiring! Regional Sales Director
The Regional Sales Director reports to the Vice-President of Sales and is responsible for calling on orthopedic surgeons, podiatrists, hospitals, and surgery centers. This position is salaried with compensation for reaching sales goals. Up to 75% travel required.
1. Duties and responsibilities
- Contributes to strategic objectives of revenue growth, market leadership and quality customer service to targeted accounts, and the development of new customers in assigned territory
- Establishes and maintains strong business relationships with prospective and existing customers
- Maintains expert product and market knowledge
- Arranges and conducts educational training programs
- Identify new distribution opportunities, train and manage new and existing distributor teams
- Develops relationships with key opinion leaders and thought leaders who influence product usage or innovate new products
- Establishes relationships with hospital personnel with a focus on orthopedic surgeons and podiatrists
- Executes strategic sales plans to meet or exceed corporate expectations and goals
- Tracks, forecasts, and reports cases and revenues expectations on a weekly basis for the region
- Recruits and manages a team of clinical specialists
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 – 15 years of medical sales or sales management experience with an orthopedic focus
- Contacts with orthopedic and podiatric surgeons and distributors within the region
- Strong clinical knowledge of musculoskeletal anatomy, Sports Medicine and F&A procedures
- Stellar sales/sales management history with consistent top 20% performance including awards, such as Presidents Club, Sales Manager of the Year, Region of the Year, etc.
- Stable work history – no more than 2 jobs in 5 years unless documentation of events
Now hiring for the Central part of the United States. Applications for the Southeast will be evaluated for hire in the first quarter of 2021. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.