July 14, 2022
Inventory Support Technician| Tags: career, inventory, job
1. Job purpose
The inventory support tech position is responsible for supporting the inventory and distribution specialists with the inspection and management of raw materials used in the manufacture of quality medical devices along with the labeling and distribution of the finished products. All these activities are conducted in an FDA regulated and ISO 13485 certified environment. This position supports Production and Logistics by performing and documenting daily inventory and distribution operations in a GMP environment using an Enterprise Resource Planning/Management (ERP) system. This position involves the operation of various process and labeling equipment, software and other tasks in support of the production and distribution schedule. This person will comply with safety requirements, current Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
2. Duties and responsibilities: Responsible for performing the daily tasks required to maintain the raw material inventory used to produce Embody’s medical devices
- Incoming inspection and material quarantine
- Inventory movement within ERP system
- Distribution of Finished Goods Inventory
- Support with distribution activities for Embody medical devices, Labeling medical devices, Shipping and receiving from sterilization vendor, Final packaging of sterilized devices, Shipping/distribution of finished devices, Packaging and shipping routine quality testing materials
- Receive & disposition returned and expired product
- Sample Creation
- Package and label product samples
- Responsible for packaging material management
- Breaking down and recycling boxes
- Organizing packaging areas with required supplies
- Participate in line and production planning meetings as needed.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to inventory, quality, labeling and special projects.
- May interact with external customer contacts such as · participating in tours for visitors including VIPs· may be questioned and/or observed during audits.
- Adhere to general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and procedures, ISO and FDA regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred (2) years working in a manufacturing environment, preferably within the medical device or tissue banking industry
- Preferred (2) years working with an electronic manufacturing and inventory system such as NetSuite, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamix or SAP
- Comfortable using hand trucks, dollys and pallet jacks
- Ability to follow SOP’s, work instructions, and maintain daily records in a timely and reliable fashion
- Must be a highly organized individual who works independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Office and database programs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Comfortable working under an ISO 13485 or 9001 Quality Management System
- Comfortable working with cross functional groups with staff from all educational and professional backgrounds
4. Working conditions
- 40 hours a week with additional hours as required by production schedule
- Routine working hours are 10am – 6pm Monday – Friday
- Office, laboratory and warehouse setting
5. Physical requirements
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- No special physical requirements
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Norfolk, VA 23508: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Inventory control: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location